Are you using Youtube as an asset to your business, or truly treating it like its own platform? What’s the difference anyway? For me, it was the difference between 500 and 5,000 subscribers, in just 7 months! I’m breaking it all down to show you the steps I took to optimize Youtube for my business and gain exponential growth.
How I’ve Grown (from 500 to 5,000 Subscribers)
Want to watch a video version of this post? Got it!
Now, I’m going to tell you what I did from June 2017 to January 2018 to gain thousands of subscribers and grow my business.
What I Did:
- Start using Youtube as its own platform.
- Become a student of Youtube. Once I started to receive really good comments and engagement on my videos, I decided I wanted to grow on this platform.
- Youtube has its own set of rules you need to know to be able to expand.
- Send people to Youtube and NOT to your website.
- Instead of sending people to your blog posts, send them to Youtube first.
- Your Youtube videos will redirect back to your blog, which will in turn increase traffic to your website!
- Learn from the best. I sought out some of the best in the business and attended a conference with Tim Schmoyer, Jeremy Vest and Derral Eves.
- Since then, I’ve co-hosted on Tim and Jeremy’s channels and podcasts. Not only did I learn a great deal, I grew my channel as well.
- Optimize Videos
- Learn to utilize those tags, keywords, titles, thumbnails and transcriptions. Don’t settle for only titles with some keywords!
Following these steps, I grew my Youtube channel subscriptions from an organic 18 month growth of 500 in June of last year to 5,000 today!
This change in perspective from using Youtube as a simple business asset to learning and utilizing it as its own platform has made HUGE gains for me!
Are you thinking about changing the way you use Youtube in your business? I’d love to hear about it!