Content Planning 101
You’ve heard me say it about 112 times…how much I love and believe in content marketing. But, you may be wondering, just what exactly is that? Well, because I want you to #knowallvideomarketingthings so you can #makeallthemonies, I’m teaching you all you need to know about content marketing for your business (and go out and rule the world).
Content Marketing 101
Want to watch a video version of this post? I’ve got you covered!
Are you ready to find out what content marketing really is all about? Let’s go!
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is the strategy of putting out free content and letting the content do the marketing for your business. Any business can utilize this: product, service, infopreneurs and everything in between. The content provides a way for the audience to get to know you and then convert into paying clients
How does content marketing differ from traditional marketing?
Traditional marketing relies on Facebook ads, Google ads, print ads, billboards, newspapers, word-of-mouth, etc. There's a direct correlation between the ad and who buys from your business.
The benefits of content marketing:
- You demonstrate your teaching skills and expertise
- With tools like sales funnels and opt-ins, you make money from free content like you would with traditional marketing
- Put out the content on a consistent basis
- Be consistent and reliable for your audience and the search engines
- Optimize the content
- Use Yoast on WordPress, Youtube, blogging and you should be high up for your desired key terms on search engine results
- Promote your content on all the platforms
- Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat…where ever your people hang out
- You never know where someone will see your content and want to learn more about you
- Feed it into a funnel
- You need a way for people to consume your content and then have a way to pay you
It seems like so much work in the beginning, but it’s truly just a different way of marketing. A way that I wholeheartedly believe in and has changed so much for me in my business! Are you using content marketing? If so, how? I’d love to know!