Creating a business can take so much of your time and energy that other areas of your life start to fall short. This can be scary and alarming, but don’t worry – I’ve got you covered with my tips and tricks on creating as much of a work/life balance as possible.
Want to watch a video version of this post? I’ve got you covered!
So you’ve done it. You’ve created and started the business you’ve dreamed about, but now some of the other areas in your life are suffering. Now what?
Know that there are seasons for everything
- There are times that different areas of your life are going to take importance over others.
- It’s natural that there are some periods of time that your family may take precedence over work or vice versa. Or times that your fitness is prioritized over other areas – and that’s okay!
Know your top 3 or 4 Categories of things that are always there
- Make a list of the top 3-4 things that your always juggling.
- These are the things that are never changing – work, kids, family, fitness, faith, etc.
- If another thing gets added into the mix, it’s okay because it’s a season – you’ve already prioritized your main categories so adding something else in, is easier to prioritize.
- Knowing your top categories gives you, and other people like your family, kids, etc., time to prep and plan so that your days won’t have unnecessary stress added to them.
Give yourself Grace
- Believe it or not, we’re not made to do everything all day, every day.
- We’re not made to workout four hours every day, or spend all day with our kids, or work for ten hours everyday.
- Decide what you’re going to do for the day and time block your day so that you don’t have the opportunity to get overwhelmed, or to miss out on something important to you because your day is already scheduled.
Set Hours for EVERYTHING
- Once you have your daily/weekly non-negotiables planned out – Set hours for them.
- This could be things like, work hours, mom duty, fitness, hours to study your Bible, whatever!
- Setting hours for your things of importance, takes away the worry of not being able to get it all done.
Use a Calendar
- Time Block, Time Block, Time Block!
- Maybe you only want to take calls on Wednesdays, or there’s a specific time you need to workout, or it’s easier to get work done at a certain time – block these times off in your calendar so that time is set aside for that specific task.
It seems like it at first, but achieving a work/life balance isn’t completely impossible. It’s hard until you get everything figured out, and there are days that will come out of left field. But, never fear, by using these tips and tricks in your daily routine, it will help you have as much balance as possible!