We’ve talked about how a blog can benefit any business, and now that you’re convinced, it’s time to get a blog workflow in place.
Y’all, I hear this all the time, “How do I make a blog workflow? How do I keep it all organized? How do I know what I want to do?” Add in a video and content upgrade and you’ve got a lot of pieces to organize.
I'm going to share with you my exact blog workflow process, so you can do #allthethings for your business-building blog.
Do you struggled with the blog and/or YouTube workflow process? You can't figure out what should come first, it's a real chicken and egg situation…I've got…
I have a team of people who help me get my blog posts out each week, but for a very long time, I was swingin’ solo creating a blog post, video, and content upgrade every week all on my own. Here’s how I did it:
STEP ONE: PICK A TOPIC
This part doesn’t have to be so hard! Poll your audience, come up with your topics, and create an idea bank.
STEP TWO: RECORD THE VIDEOS
One day each month I record all my videos for the next month and sometimes I get even further ahead. With face-to-face video and screencast portions recorded, I’m all ready to go.
STEP THREE: EDIT MY VIDEOS
I also batch process this! In one day I edit all the videos I filmed. This can be time-consuming, but that’s why I do it in bulk. I get it over with in one day rather than all throughout the month. Whew! That’s a sigh of relief!
STEP FOUR: UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE
Here’s where I plug in each video to Youtube and add all the correct tags, keywords, thumbnails, and all of that. I schedule all my videos to go live at the same time that my blog post will be published.
STEP FIVE: WRITE THE BLOG POST
For the blog, I will go in and introduce my topic and outline the steps I talk about. This is where I create the actual text for my awesome online readers.
STEP SIX: CHOOSE AN UPGRADE
I usually get a little crazy and do a different content upgrade for every blog post unless it makes sense to reuse one I’ve already created. Either one of these options is a perfectly good way to do it!
STEP SEVEN: CONNECT IT ALL
I’m on the home stretch now! My final steps are putting it all in WordPress, creating a form in ConvertKit, and hooking up my content upgrade to the blog.
Now your process might look completely different. Especially if you don’t use video, and you don’t have to use video at all. It works really well for me and it’s great for SEO, but it’s not necessary. Your blog workflow will be based on whatever works best for your business!
MY BLOG WORKFLOW IN TRELLO
- I start with the same blog workflow for every blog. Plus, I have a similar process for my Youtube videos.
- I keep a spreadsheet of all my published blog posts and an idea bank of future posts here for easy access in my workflow
- Blog ideas go into the queue when I’m ready for my close up ;).
- Once I record the video, I move it over to video complete where my team can dictate the video and continue the process. But you don’t have to have a team to do this!
- With the video and written content complete, one of my lovely team members creates an image, puts it in WordPress, and sets up the content upgrade. She moves the blog card on Trello into published and scheduled so we can see all the blogs coming up in the calendar. Ta-da!
That is literally it! That’s all I do to keep everything organized. Everything is in place, working with my team is a breeze, and it works amazingly well. You can do the same.