No matter what you do, make, or sell, every entrepreneur goes through the “I'm-starting-a-business” journey together! If you're thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, then get ready for a wild and totally worth it ride. Here's what it's really like to be an entrepreneur… in GIFs.
What It's REALLY Like to Be an Entrepreneur in GIFs
Let's dive in!
1. In the beginning, you just feel exhausted all the time.
You’re staying up all hours of the night to work on your business so you can get things off the ground and you keep telling yourself that it will all be worth it in the end… (which it will – I promise.)
2. But it's all worth it when you take the leap and quit your 9 to 5! Right?
Your boss asks what you’re doing next and you tell them you’re venturing out on your own… And they smile and nod at you with all of the judgement.
Get the Digital Product Blueprint
3. Then, the panic hits…
On the outside you’re totally cool and confident. But on the inside, you can’t stop screaming.
4. You've got imposter syndrome, big time.
You’re literally terrified and feel CLUELESS…
5. But you've also got great friends!
Shoutout to your support system, who is always there to back you up!
6. You find that entrepreneurial mentor who makes it all feel attainable.
In the stage where you're doing ALL the research and taking tons of courses, you'll stumble along an entrepreneurial mentor who calms you down and leads the way. It feels doable now!
7. You ACTUALLY make a sale. No, really. Money is coming in!
It is the BEST day. Ever. Like, ever ever.
8. Your confidence grows
You feel like a legit business! You're hopping on Instagram Stories and Facebook Live with all the confidence.
9. And your skills grow, too!
You fix major problems for a client like a BOSS… with literally no guidance from anyone else, because YOU’RE the one in charge! Look at those skills grow.
10. There will be those people who just don't take your business seriously
People start telling you that it must be nice to “just work from home” and “help buy groceries.”
11. Other people will make assumptions about your personality and lifestyle
People who live in your hometown will hear you talk about your business on social media and suddenly decide you’re rich and stuck-up… Even though you aren't.
12. You finally feel like you're making real money!
Business is booming! You get that first affiliate paycheck and you feel like a rockstar with all that *passive income.*
13. Your team starts to grow… and it's the best thing, ever!
You hire someone for the first time and you’re SO excited to explain your vision! That's what it feels like to love what you do.
14. Your haters become your motivators
You get your first mean comments on Instagram… And you bounce back. Because entrepreneurs are resilient!
15. People try to bargain with you… but your business isn't a yard sale.
People you know start asking you if they can have a discount on your product or service… And you love them, but you know you have fair prices.
16. You want others to know they can do it, too!
Other people tell you that they could never do what you do… and you tell them that they absolutely CAN, and that you felt the same way at first!
17. Even with all the ups and downs, you'd never choose to do anything else!
You know there are more obstacles to come along the way. But you love your job, you're learning new things every day, and you know you can do it. Anytime you reflect on becoming an entrepreneur, you wish you had done it sooner.
Now that you know what it's really like to be an entrepreneur… get excited! You're on an incredible business and personal journey. And you can absolutely make it through!